Kalb-Baladi

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fucking Amazing

Israel and Denmark are Egypt's worst enemies, according to a poll measuring Egyptian attitudes to various countries published this week by a government body.

A random sample of 1,000 Egyptians over the age of 18 were interviewed and here are the findings:

92 percent consider Israel an enemy. Only two percent of Egyptians interviewed consider Israel a "friend". Over 60 percent of Egyptians also consider Denmark an enemy (shit). Egypt's third enemy is the United States, according to over 50 percent of those interviewed for the poll. On the other hand, Egypt's closest friend is considered by 92 percent of respondents to be Saudi Arabia (double shit), followed closely by Lebanon, Palestine, Sudan and Syria.

The Israel and the US part is not a surprize to me. What I find alarming is the Denmark and Saudi Arabia bit.

There are two possible explanations for this madness, either the 1000 Egyptians chosen for the poll were all assholes and thus they dont represent us, or 92% of us are assholes. OMG!

5 Comments:

  • I wouldn't trust this sample. Research is used as a guide and not a bible. This is a very small survey. Working with one of the largest research companies in Egypt 8 years ago taught me that Egyptians doesn't understand research and will try to be extremely nice if you ask a question about a product or so.

    1,000 is a very small sample. Plus Markaz el Maalomat will never give out any information to any researchers. I don't trust them one bit.

    By Blogger Twosret, At 3:48 PM, November 02, 2006  

  • I fully agree with you conclusion.

    92% + are assholes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:51 PM, November 02, 2006  

  • Most Egyptians are assholes,you didnt need a poll to find that out,Saudi treats Egyptians like 2nd class people and don't allow them to own anything in their country and they consider it a friend?!bullshit!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:25 AM, November 03, 2006  

  • 1000 is actually a pretty decent size if you want a trustworthy conclusion.
    There could be some methodic errors I do not know about though.
    I'd like to read the full research bit its is probably in Arabic :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:25 PM, November 03, 2006  

  • I don't know about the accuracy of the research, but I'm not shocked by the results. We are way too deep into becoming a society that is based on extreme Islam as is promoted by Saudi Arabia -Ask me, I lived there for 24 years-, a system of beleives that is now being advocated by the neo-islamists as I like to call them or the "islamawyeen" as they're called in the press, amr khaled and the likes. The masters of manipulating people's feelings and insecurities and covering up their minds by threatning them the evil consequences if they dont abide by the islam they're promoting. Have you seen the people crying on the shows of Amr Khaled? I've never seen people act like that but my personal opinion is that they made them scared.

    I'm sliding into a totally different issue here, or is it?

    If people do really hate america, they should've asked them if they are willing to go and live there, only then you will understand the duality of our society. There's not a single person I know that doesn't want by any means possible to leave Egypt and go live in the states.

    And the Denmark issue? It only convinced me before anybody else how dumb and destructive and stupid we are. Or is it only me that noted that the cartoonists were actually NOT muslims, don't abide my our rules and were trying to promote conversation towards understanding and that this is ANOTHER COUNTRY. And only when anything bad about our country goes in a western's country's news we become offended, what the fuck do we care what dansih people think?

    By Blogger Adham Khairy, At 3:00 PM, November 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home